Dr. Christiane Wiegand
- Inheritance law
- Customs law
Area of Specialisation
Dr Christiane Wiegand is a lawyer and tax advisor and works as a salary partner in the area of tax and customs law. She focuses her advice entirely on the interests of her clients and puts their economic goals first. She has more than 10 years of experience in advising private individuals, SMEs and family businesses.
Dr Christiane Wiegand's expertise includes:
- Succession advice for private and business assets
- Advice on structuring assets and shareholdings
- Design of corporate and real estate transactions and tax-optimised restructuring (transformation tax law, real estate transfer tax law)
- Project-related advice, e.g. tax issues relating to pension and participation models, domestic and foreign real estate acquisitions or capital investment strategies
- Customs law advice and expert assessment in connection with import and export procedures, origin of goods and preferences, tariff classification incl. application for binding tariff information (BTI), assessment of specific customs issues and business transactions
- Advice on cross-border issues of companies and private individuals, relocation of domicile as well as delimitation issues with a foreign connection (international tax law, DTA issues, withholding tax liability)
- Legal and tax advice on anticipated succession, drafting wills and settling estates (gift and inheritance tax)
Admitted to the bar since 2012 and as a certified tax advisor since 2017; studied law in Bonn, Lausanne (Switzerland) and Cologne (doctorate 2011). Before joining TIGGES, Dr. Wiegand worked for more than 6 years in the tax department of the Private Clients division of PwC Legal, the law firm of the auditing firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.