Compliance with legal obligations and moral/ethical stipulations (abbreviated to simply “compliance”) is decisive for all companies. In view of the liability risks for managing directors, boards of directors and organs, it is a fundamental component of company management. In this context, the legal framework conditions for the economic activity of companies are becoming ever more complex both nationally and also internationally, and it is easy to overlook a regulation or legal obligation. Breaches of tax law or competition law, for example, can result in draconian penalties and substantial reputation damage. Conscientious company management with long-term orientation is thus impossible without a compliance management system.
The core of our compliance team consists of the two partners Dr Georg Jaster und Dr Dominik Wagner, LL.M. The latter is certified as an approved compliance officer by Compliance Academy GmbH and the Viadrina Compliance Center. Since 2018, the affiliated consultancy firm TIGGES DCO has completed our range of advice in the compliance area.
We can assist you in these areas:
- rendering advice on organ and managing director liability
- developing and implementing tailor-made compliance management systems
- providing tax compliance management systems
- advice on compliance in connection with transactions
- advice on compliance in the area of audits & risk analyses
- holding employee training sessions
- setting up whistle-blowing systems
- rendering advice and representation in connection with investigation proceedings in criminal commercial law, inter alia corruption, money-laundering, fraud, breach of trust