We advise our clients – companies, their organs as well as individuals – in all areas of criminal law concerning commercial offences (sometimes abbreviated to “commercial criminal law”) and particularly also criminal tax law. In addition to preventative advice, our team has longstanding experience in representation to supervisory authorities, public prosecutors, and courts.
As a result of the increased clarification activity by the criminal prosecution authorities with regard to tax offences, voluntary self-denunciation which releases the offender from penalties can still be a way of taking timely measures to exclude or at least reduce punishment. Our clients can rely here on our combined expertise in tax and criminal law as well as our many years of experience with this instrument.
Also criminal-law compliance advice (linked to Compliance) is part of our advice portfolio for medium-sized companies in particular. For us it is paramount here to minimise the criminal-law risks for the company and its organs through preventative measures and the establishment of compliance management systems (CMS).
We can support you with the following:
- the provision of advice and representation in commercial criminal law, inter alia corruption, anti-money-laundering, fraud, breach of trust
- the development and implementation of compliance management systems as well as employee training sessions
- the provision of advice and representation in criminal tax law
- assistance and advice in connection with tax fraud investigations and premises searches
- voluntary self-denunciation which releases the offender from penalties.